google-site-verification: google82af41cbbb927c7d.html Grove Creek Family History: Who Am I?

Mt. Timpanogos Temple, photo by Rick Satterfield, used with permission

Friday, December 16, 2011

Who Am I?

As I work on my family history, I become more aware of certain traits or predispositions that I have! For instance, I have always loved rye bread, dill, beets and potatoes! For a long time I had no idea why I really gravitated toward these things. Is it the carb factor? Well, it could be! I prefer to say that these traits are a present from these people in my life:
Ray Brunski with Crystal
Photo Credit: Rayanne B. Melick
and the next generation back:
Anna and Peter Brunski, 50th Wedding Anniversary
Photo Credit: Rayanne B. Melick
and one more generation:
Frances and Joseph Statakaitis
Photo Credit: Rayanne B. Melick
and back:
Ray Brunski with Lithuanian ancestors
Photo Credit: Rayanne B. Melick
See where I am going with this? I am a product of my past! I figure that these are my Lithuanian genes speaking! Thanks Grandma Brunski for leaving some recipes for me! I realize that many cultures have recipes like these, but these are my link to my Grandma! These are also big in Russia and Poland from what I have discovered in research.
Potato Pancakes

6 medium potatoes
1 onion
Grate the above very small
Mix with:
2 T. flour
1T. salt
1/2 T. baking powder
3 eggs-beaten
Mix together and deep fry.

Beet Soup

2 fresh beets, boiled, skinned, and chopped
4 potatoes, chopped
1 big onion, chopped
Boil the above ingredients together
Add 1/2 c. vinegar and 1/2 c. sugar
Mix together
Top with a spoonful (or more) of sour cream

So the whole point of this post is this, you weren't created in a vacuum. You are a product of many influences.  What is memorable about your family? What traits did they pass to you? Embrace and Enjoy them!

No comments:

Copyright 2013 by Rayanne Brunski Melick,
All Rights Reserved.