google-site-verification: google82af41cbbb927c7d.html Grove Creek Family History: Happy Dance!

Mt. Timpanogos Temple, photo by Rick Satterfield, used with permission

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Happy Dance!

 THIS...
New York State Flag (50states.com)
NOT THIS!!!
Pennsylvania State Flag (50states.com)
Today I am doing a happy dance! Every once in a while I am rewarded for the hours of fruitless searching that I do looking for my family! Today is one of those days! I was searching to see what new records FamilySearch had posted lately for New York. I have a couple of great uncles that came through Ellis Island and decided to stay in New York instead of continuing to the coal mines in Pennsylvania. I noticed that there were some New York Marriage records that were new...at least new to me! I searched for the great uncles and didn't find a thing about them even though I know they stayed in the Brooklyn, New York area. So, I did what I always do when I'm fiddling around in databases that I've never searched. I put in the surnames of my four great-grandparents! I didn't get any great matches, but got the message that below are some possible connections. Two down was the marriage record for my great aunt! I have never been able to find any information on her! I was always told that she married but died in childbirth a couple of years later in Pennsylvania. Nope! She was married in New York! The marriage record gave a full name (didn't have), parent's full names (didn't have), and her birthday (only had a possible year), plus information on her husband! Happy day! It is times like these that make all of the dead ends worth every minute!

No comments:

Copyright 2013 by Rayanne Brunski Melick,
All Rights Reserved.