google-site-verification: google82af41cbbb927c7d.html Grove Creek Family History: Copyrights and Genealogy

Mt. Timpanogos Temple, photo by Rick Satterfield, used with permission

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Copyrights and Genealogy

GeneaBloggers


As I share more and more of the genealogy research that I am doing, I have become more aware of copyright laws and how they pertain to the various sources that I have found and shared. I am one of those people who loves to dig and find answers on the Internet. So naturally, it was time to start digging! I didn't have to dig very far either. One of my favorite podcasts to listen to is Geneabloggers Radio on Friday nights. It is hosted by Thomas MacEntee. I don't know how I missed the podcast on November 4, 2011 entitled Copyright and  Genealogy...Yours, Mine, and Ours. I listened to it yesterday and it was eye opening! Most of what I thought I knew I found wasn't necessarily true! So, here's a shout out to Thomas MacEntee for putting this podcast together. His guests were very informative! Give it a listen so that you can hear what Dick Eastman, Jonathan Bailey, and James Tanner have to say about the subject.

No comments:

Copyright 2013 by Rayanne Brunski Melick,
All Rights Reserved.