google-site-verification: google82af41cbbb927c7d.html Grove Creek Family History: What is Family History?

Mt. Timpanogos Temple, photo by Rick Satterfield, used with permission

Saturday, February 12, 2011

What is Family History?

As I learn to post on this blog, I find that there are so many great examples out there! As I am attending the RootsTech Conference, I am finding that there is an amazing group of bloggers out there that write so well what I am trying to say. An example of capturing the excitement of family history is Elisa Scharton who writes on mormonmommyblogs.com. Check out her "Boy Was I Wrong Article!" Maybe this article will inspire others to view family history differently. Maybe we will get past my son's observation that "Mom, whenever people ask you what you do for fun, you say family history. Do you ever notice that their eyes glaze over?" Thanks CAM for the vote of confidence!

1 comment:

Biff Barnes said...

Rayanne,
Great question! I borrowed your son’s comment for my own blog post today, "Making Family History Books Interesting for Young Readers." It’s on our blog at Stories To Tell Books.
I hope to see you at the Family History Expo in St. George.

Copyright 2013 by Rayanne Brunski Melick,
All Rights Reserved.