google-site-verification: google82af41cbbb927c7d.html Grove Creek Family History: Legacy 7.5 is Here!

Mt. Timpanogos Temple, photo by Rick Satterfield, used with permission

Friday, February 11, 2011

Legacy 7.5 is Here!

The long awaited 7.5 is here! I spent a couple of days last week playing with the new features that work with new FamilySearch and I have to say that I am impressed! I play with many of the database programs but Legacy has always been my first choice. Maybe that is because I think the way that it is set up! I particularly like the way that Legacy writes sources for me. Here are some of the new features of Legacy. 

  • Match your Legacy individuals with FamilySearch individuals
  • Combine potential duplicates that exist at FamilySearch
  • View the real-time ordinance status of individuals (LDS)
  • Reserve and print Family Ordinance Requests (LDS)
  • Assign your ordinance cards to others and track their progress (LDS)
  • Share information back and forth (optional) between Legacy and FamilySearch
Legacy's free standard download works with new FamilySearch. If you want to go with more bells and whistles, go for the deluxe version! There are lots of good programs out there and there isn't one set "perfect" program. In the next few weeks, I will be highlighting the other programs that are certified to work with new FamilySearch! As a side note, Legacy 1.0 is now available for Android devices! Go mobile!

No comments:

Copyright 2013 by Rayanne Brunski Melick,
All Rights Reserved.