google-site-verification: google82af41cbbb927c7d.html Grove Creek Family History: Family History Education

Mt. Timpanogos Temple, photo by Rick Satterfield, used with permission

Friday, October 9, 2015

Family History Education


Did you know that family history education is only a few keystrokes away? You may be thinking that you don't live in Utah and therefore, can't take advantage of the world class Family History Library. Well, there may be some things that might be missed, but with the ability to connect remotely to the library for classes and such, your excused for not doing family history are dwindling! :)

FamilySearch.org has a great wealth of information and education. One of my favorite places is the FamilySearch Wiki. When I don't know how to help a patron, or when I'm starting research in a new place, the Wiki is my first stop.

FamilySearch posts it's list of webinars (past and upcoming) in the FamilySearch Wiki. There are other ways to get this information, but this link might turn out to be a gold mine for you! What I love about it is that even if I can't attend a webinar I can still get my hands on the handouts. I know we live in the land of the Internet, but sometimes a piece of instructional paper can feel so friendly and familiar in our hands! That's why I love their handouts!

Take some time and check out the FamilySearch Wiki. You might just find a new best friend!




No comments:

Copyright 2013 by Rayanne Brunski Melick,
All Rights Reserved.