google-site-verification: google82af41cbbb927c7d.html Grove Creek Family History: It's All About the 1940 Census!

Mt. Timpanogos Temple, photo by Rick Satterfield, used with permission

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

It's All About the 1940 Census!

Clip art credit: http://www.webweaver.nu/clipart/usa-flags.shtml

I am having so much fun indexing the 1940 US Census! I have spent the past three weeks browsing images and using the SteveMorse site to find my relatives. Quite a few people of asked me why I am so excited about the 1940 Census. What's the big deal? Well, for a family history geek like me, it's a way to link my live relatives to a paper proof (genealogists always hunt for the proof!) of their lives.  It's a way to see my dad's name actually listed on a census form as a six year old! It's a way to explore the generation that has been called "The Greatest Generation!" It is awesome! If you want to know how much of the 1940 Census has been indexed in the three weeks since it's release, click here!
If you haven't tried indexing but would like to try it, FamilySearch.org  is a great place to start! Also, click here, here, and here for great tutorials!

No comments:

Copyright 2013 by Rayanne Brunski Melick,
All Rights Reserved.