Dear Family History Consultant:
We are excited to announce a great new resource for you to use as you teach others how to use the new FamilySearch. We have created a fully functional training version of new.familysearch.org that contains fictitious data designed specifically for training purposes. In this system, you will be able to:
· Use practice exercises to teach others how to use the new.familysearch.org Web site.
· Add, edit, and modify information without the worry of using real data.
· Combine and separate records.
· Practice submitting names for temple ordinances. Note: You can print a Family Ordinance Request, but do not take the request to the temple.
· Use the Help Center to search for answers to questions, and find additional training helps, including access to the new FamilySearch E-learning Course.
· Submit GEDCOMs that are limited to five names.
· Use your account until it expires after six months.
· Get a new account each time your old account expires.
The training system will:
· Delete any data you have added after your account expires.
· Refresh the account and return it to its original state so it can be used again.
· Continue to be upgraded as the new FamilySearch system is enhanced.
Access to this new training system is available at: https://training.familysearch.
This is the first version of the training system. It provides the full functionality of new FamilySearch and has a basic set of exercises. We will continue to enhance the exercises based on feedback from those using the system. We hope this will prove to be a great new training resource for you while you teach classes about the new FamilySearch. The training system is available now.